Tudor Grange Primary Academy Perdiswell is a larger than average school with an excellent local reputation. We take children from the catchment area as well as from Warndon Villages, Northwick, Claines, Warndon and Droitwich. The buildings date back to when the school was opened in 1971. Over the past four decades the school has grown in size to accommodate sixty pupils in each year group. We benefit from two halls and extensive grounds. These include two playgrounds, quiet sitting spaces, play equipment, wild areas, a pond, various sculptures and large playing fields. The school utilises this resource by incorporating outside learning in our curriculum.
Inside we have well-equipped libraries and a book corner in each classroom. We have a bank of netbooks and ipads, which allow the children instant access to online resources and software. We have whole school assemblies in Stanbrook Hall, which is also used for Infant lunches, PE, plays and music performances. Densley Hall acts as our Junior lunch facility, in addition to hosting some assemblies, performances and Infant PE.
Tudor Grange Primary Academy Perdiswell is especially strong in the following areas:
- Attainment within Literacy and Numeracy – standards are consistently at or above national expectations in KS1. The majority of pupils will enter high school in the upper and middle sets in these subjects.
- Sport – Tudor Grange Primary Academy Perdiswell has an outstanding reputation across a variety of sports. We enter every local Festival (participatory events) and Competition. As well as our extracurricular clubs we have strong links with Tudor Grange Academy and Bishop Perowne Academy, which ensures our pupils get exceptional opportunities. We are regular participants at County events and have progressed to Midlands Finals in boys and girls football.
- Eco and Sustainability – we have an Eco-committee, club and were the first school in Worcester to attain the ultimate Green Flag status after being recognised as an outstanding contributor to environmental issues. Many other schools visit Tudor Grange Primary Academy Perdiswell to establish what outstanding practice looks like and the school has won National recognition via the Ashden Award.
- Pastoral Care – we value the importance of your child’s well-being. Happy, safe and confident pupils will achieve and make the most of life. Our opinion is that by treating the children in the same way as we would our own makes Tudor Grange Primary Academy Perdiswell a school with a unique ethos, where positive relationships thrive.
- Arts – In particular, Tudor Grange Primary Academy Perdiswell is very strong within Music, Singing and Dance. We regularly perform in local establishments and events such as the Worcester Victorian Fayre. Our recent Ofsted inspection highlighted the contribution of our art work to display.
School start and finish times staggered
|Staggered Start Time||Staggered Finish Time|
Times of the School Day
|8:45 am||Children can arrive at school and be under supervision|
|9:00 am – 10:45||Lesson 1|
|10:45 am – 11:00 am||Morning Break|
|11:00 am – 12:00||Lesson 2|
|12:00 – 1:00 pm
12:00 – 12:45 pm
|Infant Lunch Break
Junior Lunch Break
|1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
12:45 pm – 2:00 pm
|Infant Lesson 3
Junior Lesson 3
|2:15 pm – 3:15 pm
2:15 pm – 3:20 pm
|Infant Lesson 4 and assembly
Junior Lesson 4 and assembly